A key aim of Modbac is to keep costs for centres as low as possible. By using our strategic partners’ existing administrative networks, we have avoided creating unnecessary overheads. Consequently, we are able to offer Modbac centres full access to the award for less than the price of a GCSE per student (even less for schools already registered as an ASDAN centre and running the CoPE qualification).
We are also confident this can be further reduced as more schools join the movement.
FOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS AND ACADEMIES, SPECIAL SCHOOLS, INDEPENDENT PROVIDERS, FREE SCHOOLS, SIXTH FORM AND FE COLLEGES
An annual centre registration fee of £500 (this is inclusive of ASDAN’s annual centre registration fee- in other words, an existing ASDAN centre will only need to pay an additional £230 per year to access all the benefits below).
A one-off fee of £350 in the first year to cover training on the online-portfolio, teacher’s markbook and certification process
A one-off fee of £15 per learner* certificated for the Modbac award, as each new cohort of students joins the programme (enabling a unique learner transcript to be generated for the duration of their time at the school, transferable from foundation to intermediate to advanced as required, and access to an ASDAN student record book to support Honours and Skills Passport provision).
*a sliding tariff will operate so that large schools and colleges benefit from the economy of scale £15 a student for new cohorts up to 200, £10 a student for the next 300, thereafter £5 a student
Certificates will be printable by centres locally, on demand, at an anticipated cost of 30-40p per certificate (one printable certificate per learner included in the registration price).
For this, Modbac centres will receive the following:
- Access to the Modbac framework;
- A free ASDAN student workbook per learner (Stepping Stones, Short Course, CoPE L1/L2 or L3, etc.)
- Reduced-rate access to ASDAN’s COPE or AoPE Qualification (20% reduction)
- Reduced rate access to TLM’s Ofqual-accredited IT qualification (see below);
- Printable Modbac Certificates (1 per registered learner)- additional certificates available on demand
- A QR-coded single learner transcript which states clearly the levels students have reached, and what their components have been;
- Full on-line and telephone support throughout the year;
- Free access to online audit, portfolio tools and a teacher’s markbook;
- A Modern Baccalaureate Centre Certificate
- A system for brokering access to organisations that can help deliver the Personal Challenge;
- A heavily subsidised place at the annual Modbac conference and;
- A full handbook mapping progression routes to apprenticeships / employment / further study.
- Every teacher in the school or college becomes a registered user of ASDAN’s Orb (Online Resource Bank), giving access to a comprehensive free bank of resources to support skills growth and development, from starters to full lesson plans and programmes of study, homework activities, extended challenges and worksheets. The ORB also enables the sharing and co-construction of resources between individuals, schools and colleges.
Centre visits for consultancy, standardisation and staff training can be booked through ASDAN (see ASDAN website for details).
INDICATIVE COSTINGS for typical cohorts
|SPECIAL SCHOOL||SMALL SECONDARY or FREE SCHOOL||SECONDARY SCHOOL 11-16 or with VI Form||LARGE FE COLLEGE|
|Total Number of Learners on roll||100||300||1000||10,000|
|One-off training fee||£350||£350||£350||£350|
|Annual Centre Registration fee||£230||£230||£230||£230|
|New Modbac Registrations pr yr||20||70||180||1500|
|Annual certification fee for the above||£800||£1,550||£2,700||£11,500|
|Annual Cost per learner (in first year)||£69||£22||£18||£8|
|Annual Cost per learner over 5 year(once successive cohorts have been registered)||£8||£5||£4||£1|
|Comparative cost per learner for entry to 1 GCSE exam||£560||£1,960||£5,600||£42,000|