IN THIS SECTION
Each morning, the Academy opens its doors to all students in year 7 and year 8 for our Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club caters for those students, especially but not limited to, Pupil Premium students and all those whose family financial situation can mean they do not always arrive at school having eaten a nutritious and filling breakfast. Average attendance at this Breakfast Club in 2016-17 is 132 students per morning.
If you are a parent or carer and wish to have your son/daughter included in the daily Breakfast Club, please contact the Academy directly on 01482 781912.
Free School Meals
Free School Meals (FSM) are provided by the Academy, to ensure all eligible Academy students are able to access and enjoy a nutricous meal during the academy day, which consists of a main meal, pudding and a drink.
Parents or Carers can apply and claim for their child or children if they are in receipt of any of the below criteria as listed by the DFE (Department of Education)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
More information and guidance can be found here;
A copy of the required FSM application can be found here:
Completed forms can be posted to:
The Specialist Team,
Hull City Council,
PO Box 15,
Alternately, forms can be handed in to any of the Council’s Customer Service Centres or the Student Services office at the Academy.