The Eden Preston Road team finally moved onto the Preston Road estate last July. We are Christians who have committed to living on the estate for the long-term to see positive change and lasting transformation in the area.
Eden teams were first started in Manchester 15 years ago, and they always work in areas of deprivation, in partnership with a local church, focusing on helping young people to reach their potential. The whole purpose of Eden is to live in a community and be a real part of it, not to leave at the end of the day.
We are here in Hull because we want to see people get the most out of life that they can and we want this area to be a better place for everyone. We are committed to staying here long-term to make that happen.
We especially care about helping young people to reach their potential, and so are working in partnership with Archbishop Sentamu Academy. We are able to work with young people in the school and also in the community.
We also want to show people that God loves them, and give them the chance to think about the Christian faith for themselves.
Over the next 5 years we aim to:
- Help young people to realise and fulfil their potential, so that they can aim high and achieve.
- Work with local schools to support students and parents/carers to raise aspirations.
- Work in partnership with other organisations on the estate to bring lasting change and transformation to the area.
- Develop practical support to help families become stronger.
- Give everyone the opportunity to hear, understand and respond the the good news of Jesus.
Meet the team
Both Laura and Anna are committed Christians and are members of St. Aidan’s church.
[blog_in_blog category_slug=’eden’ num=5]