FOOD TECHNOLOGY – Chunky chicken curry made by 9x in Food Technology – instructions
1 medium onion
1 large apple
1 clove garlic
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 x 15ml spoon oil
2 x 15ml spoon sultanas
1-2 x 5ml spoon curry powder
1 x 15ml spoon tomato purée
• Peel and chop the onion.
• Peel, core and slice the apple.
• Peel and crush the garlic.
• With a clean knife, on a clean chopping board, slice the chicken into thin strips.
• Fry the onion and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes.
• Add the chicken pieces and cook until they become white in colour.
• Stir in the apple, sultanas, curry powder, water and tomato purée.
• Bring everything to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Hints and tips
• Always wash fruit and vegetables before use.
• Serve the curry with boiled rice or naan bread and salad.
• Add extra vegetables, such as sweetcorn, peas or peppers.
• Try adding a little chilli powder for a hotter dish.
• Mix own curry spice with cumin, coriander and garam masala.