The Academy is required to ensure that a range of statutory information is available on this website as stated in Department for Education (DfE) guidance.  Please find the outline of what is required below.  You can use the links to the left to find the relevant information. 

N.B. The information on this page has been taken from the Department for Education (DfE) website.  You can view the site by clicking here .  Some links on this page may take you to government sites.

School contact details

Your school’s website must include the:

  • name of your school or college
  • postal address of your school or college
  • telephone number of your school or college
  • name of the member of staff who deals with queries from parents and other members of the public
  • name of the headteacher or principal
  • name and address of the chair of the governing body (if you have one)
  • name and details of your SEN co-ordinator (SENCO) if you’re a mainstream academy

If you’re an academy or free school, you should also publish details about your academy’s owner:

  • if the school’s owner is an individual, you should publish the proprietor’s full name and contact details (address and telephone number)
  • if the school’s owner is  a body of persons, you should publish the address and telephone number of its office

Admission arrangements

Academies and free schools

Admissions arrangements of all mainstream academies and free schools must comply with the School admissions code and the School admissions appeals code.

Read the School admissions code to find out what information you must publish on your website.

16 to 19 academies and colleges

If you are a 16 to 19 academy, FE college or sixth form, we recommend that you publish details of your admission arrangements.

You should publish this information a year in advance of the beginning of the academic year, and we recommend that these arrangements don’t change during the year.  You should include details of:

  • open days your college or academy is planning
  • the process for applying for a place at your college or academy
  • whether your college or academy gives priority applications from pupils enrolled at particular schools

Note that the ‘Schools admissions code’ and the ‘Schools admissions appeals code’ do not apply to 16 to 19 academies, FE colleges and sixth-forms.

Exclusion arrangements

If you are an academy of free school other than a 16 to 19 academy, you should publish details of your policy for excluding pupils.

Ofsted reports

Academies and colleges should do one of the following:

  • publish a copy of your school’s or college’s most recent Ofsted report
  • publish a link to the webpage where users can find your school’s or college’s most recent Ofsted report

Exam and assessment results

Key stage 4 (KS4) results

We’ll publish the 2016 KS4 performance tables in January 2017.

From January 2017, if you are an academy or free school, you should publish the following information on your website:

Key stage 5 (KS5) results

We’ll publish the 2016 KS5 performance tables in January & March 2017.

From March 2017, if you are an academy, free school or college, you should publish the following information on your website:

  • the progress students in your college have made compared with students across the country
  • the average grade that students in your college get at KS5
  • the progress students in your college have made in English and maths
  • retention (this is the proportion of students who get the the end of the main programme of study that they enrolled on at your college)
  • destinations (this is the percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 to 19 study)

You can find more information about these performance measures in the 16 to 19 accountability headline measures guidance.

Performance tables

Academies and colleges should publish a link to the school and college performance tables.


Academies and free schools must publish:

  • the content of the curriculum your school follows in each academic year for every subject
  • your approach to the curriculum
  • how parents or other members of the public can find out more about the curriculum your school is following
  • how you meet the 16 to 19 study programme requirements (if you have a sixth form or offer education at 16 to 19)

Depending on what phase of education your school offers, you should also publish any of the following that apply to your school:

  • the names of any phonics or reading schemes you are using in key stage 1
  • a list of the courses available to pupils at key stage 4, including GCSEs
  • the 16 to 19 qualifications you offer

Behaviour policy

If you are are an academy or free school, you should publish details of your school’s behaviour policy, including its anti-bullying strategy.

Read advice on developing and publishing your school’s behaviour policy.

Pupil premium

If your school receives pupil premium funding, your funding agreement will specify what information you need to publish about it.

Regardless of what your funding agreement requires you to publish, we recommend that, if you are an academy or free school, you publish details if your pupil premium strategy.

For the current academic year, we recommend you publish:

  • how much pupil premium funding you received for this academic year
  • details of the main barriers to educational achievement that the disadvantaged children in your school face
  • how you intend to spend your pupil premium funding to address the barriers and the reasons for the approach you have chosen
  • how you will measure the impact of the pupil premium
  • the date of the next pupil premium strategy review

For the previous academic year, we recommend you publish:

  • how you spent your pupil premium funding
  • the impact that the pupil premium had on pupils

The Teaching Schools Council has produced guidance for schools on developing and presenting their pupil premium strategy, including a pupil premium strategy template.

Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium

If your school receives year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium funding, you must publish details of how you spend this funding and the effect this has had on the attainment of the pupils who attract it.

You must include:

  • how much year 7 catch-up premium you received for this financial year
  • details of how you intend to spend the funding
  • details of how you spent your year 7 catch-up premium last financial year
  • how it made a difference to the attainment of the pupils who attract the funding and how you assessed the effect it had

Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)

Special educational needs (SEN) report

Academies and free schools should publish a report on their policy for pupils with SEN.

The report must comply with:

Accessibility plan for disabled pupils

Academies and free schools need to carry out accessibility planning for disabled pupils under the Equalities Act 2010.

You must publish your accessibility plan, which should include details of how you’re:

  • increasing your disabled pupils’ ability to participate in your school’s curriculum
  • improving the physical environment of your school so disabled students can take better advantage of the education, benefits, facilities and services you offer
  • improving the availability of accessible information to your disabled pupils

The accessibility plan you publish can either be a freestanding document or part of another document (such as your school development plan).

Equality objectives

As public bodies, academies and free schools must comply with the public sector equality duty.  This means you have to:

  • publish details of how your school is complying with the public sector equality duty – you should update this every year
  • publish your school’s equality objectives – you should update this at least once every 4 years

You need to include details of how your school is:

  • eliminating discrimination (see the Equalities Act 2010)
  • improving equality of opportunity for people with protected characteristics
  • consulting and involving those affected by inequality in the decisions your school or college takes to promote equality and eliminate discrimination (affected people could include parents, pupils, staff and members of the local community)

Complaints policy

We recommend that all academies and colleges publish their complaints policy online.  This will allow parents to access the information more easily.

If you are an FE or sixth-form college, we also recommend that you publish your whistleblowing policy online.

Annual reports and accounts

Academies and free schools

You should publish certain financial information about your school:

  • annual report
  • annual audited accounts
  • memorandum of association
  • articles of association
  • names of charity trustees and members
  • funding agreement

You can find more guidance about these in the Academies financial handbook.

FE and sixth-form colleges

Colleges should publish their instruments and articles of government on their website.

They should also publish their annual members’ report and audited financial statement every year.

Governors’ information and duties

Academies and free schools

The Academies financial handbook explains what information you need to publish about your school and its governing body.

FE and sixth-form colleges

You should publish the following details about your college’s governing body:

  • the governing body’s structure and remit
  • details of any committees
  • the names of all governors, including the chair

You may wish to simply publish your governors’ handbook, which should include all this information.

Charging and remissions policies

Academies and free schools should publish their charging and remissions policies.  The policies must include details of:

  • the activities or cases for which your school will charge pupils’ parents
  • the circumstances where your school will make an exception on a payment you would normally expect to receive under your charging policy

Values and ethos

Academies and colleges should publish a statement of their ethos and values.

Requests for copies

If a parent requests a paper copy of the information on your school’s website, you must provide this free of charge.