The Diocese of York is excited to be the sponsor of its first Church of England Academy. The academy opened in 2008 in the building of its predecessor school, Archbishop Thurstan School. We moved into state of the art new buildings in September 2011, at the heart of a learning village serving the community of East Hull. Archbishop Sentamu Academy aims to be a centre of educational excellence with a distinctive Christian ethos, striving to:
- Raise aspirations and achievement for all;
- Develop confident, open-minded young people; and
- Encourage love of learning, eagerness to succeed and willingness to participate.
“This will be more than just a school. Its students will come from the locality and be shown that what they can do for their neighbourhood is at least as important as what they can do for themselves. They will be taught that character matters more than celebrity. The Academy’s ethos will be Christian: open to all and for the benefit of all”. The Most Revd & Rt Hon Dr John Sentamu, The Archbishop of York (William Wilberforce Memorial Lecture, 30th October 2007)
There are currently no teaching vacancies
If you would like an informal chat about our vacancies or would like to arrange a site visit please contact Human Resources on 01482 781912.
How to apply: Applications can only be accepted via a completed application form which can be obtained from Human Resources on 01482 781912, email: email@example.com or download from our website www.sentamu.com/vacancies
Teaching Application Form: Click for: ASA Teaching Application Form
Salary: Grade 8 Points 25-28, £28,785 to £31,371 per annum (actual salary £24947 – £27188)
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days
We are looking for a positive and flexible individual to undertake the role of Safeguarding Officer. In this role you will support the Designated Safeguarding Lead to provide a comprehensive safeguarding service for the academy. This will include responding to day to day safeguarding issues in addition to the provision of support, advice and guidance to ensure that a robust safeguarding and child protection provision is embedded at the Academy.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate safeguarding actions within the school, ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
- Ensure that the welfare of children is of paramount concern, that their individual needs are identified and that staff area sensitive to the wide diversity of circumstances and backgrounds.
- Ensure a child’s right to be protected from avoidable harm, abuse and neglect is upheld.
- Develop and agree school policies and procedures within the local authority guidelines for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Be the first point of contact for parents/carers, being responsible for and dealing with issues when appropriate and referring to other staff for action
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and recent working knowledge of safeguarding and child protection issues. See job description and person specification for full details.
Closing date: 9:00am Monday 3rd June 2019
Job Description: Safeguarding Officer Job Description
TEACHING ASSISTANT (INCLUSION)
- Admin Grade 4 SPC 5-7 FTE salary £18975 to £19554, actual salary £15743 to £16224 per annum
- 37 hours per week Term Time only.
We are currently looking for highly motivated individual to fulfil a Teaching Assistant role to complement our team in supporting the social development and learning of students to raise attainment.
This role will work with students who have behavioural and attendance issues and aim to bring students’ learning back on track and accelerate progress.
It is essential that the candidates have experience working with children aged 11-16 and has good behaviour management techniques. You should also have a strong character, persistence, plenty of enthusiasm and the desire to help make a difference.
The post holders will need to be flexible and adaptable and be prepared to offer more than support in the classroom and deliver responsibilities as the needs of the Academy evolve.
Good reading, writing and numeracy skills are essential.
Closing Date for applications: 9am on Monday 10th June 2019
Admin/Teaching Support/Finance Application Form: Click for: Application Form – Support
If we are not advertising a suitable vacancy and you would like to register your interest in working with us please send a CV or completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org We are happy to retain your details on file for 6 months and will contact you if a suitable opportunity arises.
ALL VACANCIES: The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which will be met by the Academy. Archbishop Sentamu Academy is an equal opportunities employer.