At Archbishop Sentamu Academy we know that the move to secondary school can be both exciting and scary for children.
We also know that as a parent, you want to make the right choice for your child. To help with this, we’re inviting your family to join us for a number of fun and practical welcome events at the academy.
Research tells us that children do better at school and achieve more in life when parents and schools work together. We’re looking forward to meeting and working with you and your family so that the move from primary to secondary school will be a positive experience.
As an added incentive to join us we will be holding a raffle for an iPad at our final session. For every welcome event you attend you will be entered into the draw for an iPad*.
The welcome events we are running are:
- Smoothie ‘Tastic** – 7th February 2013. In this session you’ll be developing a new, healthy smoothy drink that will become the featured smoothy at our Xing Smoothie bar.
- Mission Eco – 21st Febraury 2013
- Getting Enterprising – 14th March 2013. We need your ideas and effort to help raise funds for charity! You’ll be given a budget to develop ideas to raise funds at our Easter Charity Fayre.
- iGenius – 11th April 2013. In this session we’ll be exploring lots of different ways of boosting your child’s brainpower.
- eSafe – 2nd May 2013. Safety online is a hot topic in the news at the moment and we’ll be holding workshops to help you and your family stay safe online.
- Words and Numbers – 13th June 2013. The aim of this welcome event is to work with families on ways to improve numeracy and literacy skills.
All sessions start at 5.15pm.