Welcome to the “Archie” family.
Archie is the spirit of the Archbishop Sentamu Academy, reflecting its vision and underpinning its values.
Archie believes that everyone has unique, God-given talents and gifts; everyone can achieve and everyone can be extraordinary.
Archie believes that together, we can achieve more, and that to be truly successful you have to aim high and work hard in teams, as well as individually.
Archie cares for the spiritual and physical well-being of students and staff by aiming to:
- Aspire – raise aspirations and achievement for all.
- Serve – nurture confident, open-minded young people with a “can-do” attitude and an articulate voice on their community and their future.
- Achieve – encourage a love of learning, eagerness to succeed and willingness to participate.
Archie aspires to help students achieve “excellence” as a norm.
Archie is caring, inclusive and proud of its Christian ethos. From day one, our students are taught that if they serve each other and work together, they can achieve far more that by working alone. We recognise that every student may need some special support during their time with us, so we ensure that students have access to a mentor if they would like one. This ensures they have everything they need to stay on track, and to achieve.
Archie’s values are Trust, Love and Community and we endeavour to instil this spirit in each and every student:
- Trust is essential to human life and lies at the heart of all successful relationships. With wisdom and understanding we can learn to trust. We aim to do this by being reliable and not letting others down. In this way we can help each other feel safe.
- Jesus has shown us love. We try to reflect that love to those around us by being sensitive to the needs of all members of our community.
- We aim to be an inclusive community. Each person is needed, valued and important. When things go wrong we will forgive each other and make a fresh start. We will share what we have with those in need and try to treat others as we would like them to treat us.
We invite you to join us in developing the “Archie Family” spirit and taking your place at the heart of a loyal community.